Prospective Men’s Lacrosse Recruits
Bridgewater College is an independent, private liberal arts college founded in 1880. Located only two hours southwest of the Washington, D.C. metro area, Bridgewater has a total enrollment of more than 1650 students representing 24 states and five countries. Bridgewater admitted women from the time of its founding and was the first private liberal arts college in Virginia to do so.
Bridgewater offers bachelor of arts and bachelor of science degrees in more than 60 majors and minors, along with multiple concentrations, pre-professional programs such as medicine and law, dual degree programs and teacher certification. The College is a member of NCAA Division III and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, with 20 intercollegiate athletic teams. The vibrant 300-acre residential campus includes an equestrian center and is located in the town of Bridgewater, Virginia, near the city of Harrisonburg in the center of the Shenandoah Valley. An excellent school system, healthy business environment, numerous arts and cultural events, the state's lowest crime rate, and a variety of outdoor opportunities and historic attractions draw many to the region.
Bridgewater College is recognized for its student-centered atmosphere and has been named,” One of the Best Virginia Colleges and Universities in the Southeast," by The Princeton Review.
ASPIRING FOR A HIGH LEVEL OF PLAY
We are really looking for Division I-caliber players who choose to be part of our program because of the quality they see here, the excitement that surrounds the program on campus, and the chance to have a great college lacrosse experience, while getting a first class education. There is a standard of excellence being established in our program that isn't limited in terms of its vision to being a "Division III" team. Our goal is to ultimately compete at the national level in Division III. The ODAC is one of the premier conferences in the country, and we will continue to add quality non-conference opponents to our schedule as we evolve.
THE RECRUITING PROCESS
We are committed to finding high caliber student-athletes that have a burning desire to excel in the classroom as well as on the lacrosse field, and that ultimately value what we have to offer here at Bridgewater College. There are a limited number of spots reserved for incoming players that we have had the chance to see play at recruiting camps and tournaments; additionally there are tryouts for incoming players in the fall off-season. For interested players, we would suggest the following:
1. Contact Us. Fill out the recruiting form (located on our athletic website) so we have all your important information. In addition, feel free to contact Head Coach Mic Grant by email at email@example.com.
2. Let us know what camps and tournaments you will be attending in the summer and fall recruiting seasons. Please email us of any recruiting events that you will be participating in, at least 2 weeks in advance if possible. Please be as specific as possible in your email, i.e. club/travel team name, time(s) of games, fields, etc.
3. Make a visit to campus with your parents. You can schedule this through our Admissions Office at 1-800-759-8328 or 540-828-5375, and make an appointment through them to talk with the coaches while here on campus.
4. Send us game film. Send a game or highlight tape with a letter that lists your uniform color and jersey number. The ideal game tape would have a few minutes of highlights, followed by a full game. Game film is particularly helpful if we don’t get a chance to see you play in person;
Mail Game Film To:
Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach
402 East College Street
Bridgewater, VA 22812
5. We hold a “Junior Day” each spring. This is an outstanding opportunity for high school juniors to get an early look at Bridgewater College and our men’s lacrosse program. For more information on our Junior Days, please email Coach Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We spend portions of the spring and summer of a player's junior year, as well as a limited portion of the fall of a player's senior year in high school, to evaluate players and their fit for Bridgewater College and our program. We are typically wrapped up with the majority of our recruiting by mid-December.