BRIDGEWATER, Va. - Bridgewater College track & field is coming off of one of its most successful years in program history. The teams want to celebrate this historic campaign and kick off the 2019-20 seasons by asking their fans to get involved with a small fundraising program to help continue to provide their student-athletes with the greatest experience they can have while members of the program.
The 2018-19 BCTF accomplishments included:
- Men's Track & Field - 8th place team at Outdoor NCAA Championships (highest in program history), 2019 ODAC Outdoor Team Champions (17th ODAC men's track & field title overall), 2nd place team at ODAC Indoor Championships
- Women's Track & Field - 2nd place team at ODAC Outdoor Championships, 2nd place team at ODAC Indoor Championships, named a USTFCCCA All-Academic Team
- Davonta Womack - 100m Dash Outdoor National Champion, Long Jump Outdoor All-American, ODAC Men's Outdoor Track Athlete of the Meet, 60m Dash Indoor All-American, USTFCCCA South/Southeast Region Men's Indoor Track Athlete of the Year, ODAC Men's Indoor Track Athlete of the Meet
- Jamie Hiegel - 10,000m Run Outdoor All-American
- Diante Cannon, Dirk Jones, Alex Galloway, Womack - 4x100m Relay Outdoor All-American
- Calista Ariel - 3,000m Steeplechase Outdoor All-American, ODAC Women's Outdoor Track Athlete of the Meet, ODAC/Farm Bureau Women's Indoor Scholar Athlete of the Year
- Emily Valle - 60m Hurdles Indoor All-American, ODAC Women's Indoor Track Athlete of the Meet
- Tye Meador - USTFCCCA South/Southeast Region Women's Outdoor Field Athlete of the Year
- Brian Cunningham - USTFCCCA South/Southeast Region Women's Outdoor Assistant Coach of the Year
- 16 Women's ODAC Individual/Relay Champions in Indoor and Outdoor Track & Field
- 15 Men's ODAC Individual/Relay Champions in Indoor and Outdoor Track & Field
- 2 Women's All-Time ODAC Records
- 3 Men's All-Time ODAC Records
BCTF is encouraging you to go online and donate in honor of these student-athletes' accomplishments this past winter and spring. The money you donate will go toward providing the program's student-athletes with new training equipment, entertainment and souvenirs at the NCAA championships for future qualifiers, travel, expenses related to qualifying for NCAAs, and providing student-athletes with team gear and an end-of-year team banquet and awards.
BCXC is issuing the following challenges for this campaign over the next 15 days, from August 26 to September 9:
• Donate $100 in honor of Davonta Womack's 100m Dash Outdoor National Title
• Donate $60 in honor of Emily Valle's 60m Hurdles All-American honor and ODAC Record performance at the Indoor NCAA Championships
• Donate $41.64 in honor of the men's 4x100m Relay 6th place Outdoor NCAA All-American performance
• Donate $30.32 in honor of Jamie Hiegel's 5th place finishing time and All-American performance at the Outdoor NCAA Championships
• Donate $17 in honor of Bridgewater Men's Track & Field's 17th ODAC championship overall
• Donate $11.03 in honor of Calista Ariel's 7th place finishing time and All-American performance at the Outdoor NCAA Championships
To donate, visit the Athletics Giving page , select "Make Your Gift Today", "I would like to select my own designations" and select "Track & Field" under the Athletics heading. If you are interested in matching total gifts or issuing matching challenges, please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement for further information.
BCXCTF appreciates the support of their alumni, friends and family as they could not have the success they do without it. Thank you for taking the time to consider a donation to the program and Go Eagles!