Oct 30, 2018
BRIDGEWATER, Va. – The top-seeded Bridgewater College women's soccer team will host No. 8 Ferrum College on Wednesday afternoon in a quarterfinal matchup in the ODAC tournament.
- This is the first time in program history the Eagles have earned the No.1 seed for the women's soccer tournament. Bridgewater finished the regular season with a 7-1-2 conference record to tie for first place in the ODAC with Lynchburg and Randolph-Macon. The Eagles owned a win over Macon and a tie with the Lynchburg to win the tiebreaker. Bridgewater is 14-2-2 overall and ranked No. 7 in the United Soccer Coaches South Atlantic Region poll.
- This is Ferrum's first season as a member of the ODAC. The Panthers enter the quarterfinal round with a 9-5-2 overall record. Ferrum received the No. 8 seed for the tournament and hosted the 8-9 play-in game against Randolph College. The Panthers' Kayla Lentini scored in the first minute of overtime to lift Ferrum to a 2-1 victory.
- This is the first time the two programs have met as conference foes. The teams did not play during the regular season.
- Bridgewater holds an 8-1 lead in the all-time series that dates back to 1999. Ferrum's lone victory came in 1999, the Eagles' first year as a varsity program, by a 2-1 margin. The last time the two programs met came during the 2009 season with the Eagles winning, 2-0.
- Bridgewater boasts a balanced scoring attack with four players ranked among the Top 12 in the ODAC in points. Hunter Collier ranks No. 8 with 21 poiints while Bailey Kratz and Hanna Randolph are tied for 10th, each with 20 points. Catherine Haufe is No. 12 with 18 points. Collier is tied for sixth in the ODAC with eight goals, followed by Kratz, Haufe and Randolph who are tied for 11th in the conference, each with seven goals. Kratz and Randolph are tied for sixth in the ODAC in assists, each with six.
- Casey Raggett leads the Panthers in scoring with 15 points on four goals and seven assists. She ranks third in the ODAC in assists. Alexis McCargo tops the Panthers in goals with seven to rank in a tie for 11th in the ODAC. Brianna Honse has scored six goals for Ferrum.
- Bridgewater goalkeeper Sydney Davis is third in the ODAC with a 0.71 goals against average. The Eagles' defense has posted 10 shutouts this season, tied for seccond in the ODAC.
- Taylor Dodson has spent the majority of minutes in goal for the Panthers and has posted a 1.57 goals against average. The Panthers have posted seven shutouts this season.
- Mike Van Horn is now in his 11th season as Bridgewater's head coach. He has an overall record of 132-70-12 and has led the Eagles to 10 straight winning seasons.
- Now in his fifth season as Ferrum's head coach, James Lofton has a 46-40-2 overall record.